Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reality of goals

So, I am really glad I blogged about my goals yesterday. Because that means I actually need to take steps towards them instead of just saying "oh this is something I wanna do..." and then never taking those crucial first steps.

So, on my way to completing a marathon and triathlon, my first step is to run a 5K, which is 3.1 miles. And luckily, Austin has the greatest running resource in the US, a little shop called Run-Tex.

This store rocks. They analyze your feet and how your feet land when walking and running and then find the shoes that help to correct whatever your feet's natural landing abilities are. Online they also have free training programs.

So yesterday I downloaded the one for a 5K and it's a three month training program. Which mean I will be ready to run one in June, which, unfortunately is not a big race month. But I figure if I can sustain the program and the running until September, then that'll be okay.

My next goal will be to run a 10K, then a half marathon and then when I can do that, i will join a triathlon training for women that usually starts in April in Austin. Luckily, there is a half marathon in January and plenty of 10Ks before then. So as long as I stick with the program and work towards my goal, by this time next year I could be training for a triathlon!

And since I am starting to run more, I have decided when I finally get my financial aid check, I am going to use some of the money to go down to Run-Tex and buy myself some nice, new shoes!

Rewards rock.

No comments: