Friday, April 4, 2008

Working all the muscles

Hi there. Yesterday was awesome.

Although getting through it was hard.

I arrived at the gym at 510 and walked for 23 minutes (3 min cool down) and then did some ab work, using the pilates ball. I did crunches and leg lifts.

Then I stretched for a good while and had my little energy gel pack (since this was during dinner time and I was starving) and kickboxing started at 6.

You guys. It's hard to really get into kickboxing when you are a little...well, how should I put this...gassy.

I had a black bean soup for lunch and although I eat beans almost every day and don't get this gassy, whenever I have some commercially made soup, it hits hard. Geez. I don't know how they prepare it but it's nothing like how chris prepares it and I never get this bad with his soup.

It was also hard doing crunches.

Plus I was a little tired.

BUT! I was wearing my new workout top I got at a dept. store for 7 bucks! It's bright blue, long sleeve, made of that moisture wicking material. I still sweated a bunch though. I sweated so much that you could see sweat spots from the bottom of my bootie all the way to my knees. It was like someone had misted me. But it's an all women's gym and it obvious I was sweating, so instead of being embarassed, I was quite proud.

Then in the sauna, I did something different. This is an infra-red sauna which is supposed to help pain and help you burn calories. This time, instead of just wearing the big towel, I wore a robe. I am trying to get my body used to the heat, so this heated me up even faster but I was able to stay in the sauna for my normal 30 minutes.

When I got home, Chris had prepared a salad and half a tuna sandwich for me. He's the best.

It's amazing how being productive snowballs into more energy and getting more things done. I hope I can sustain this in a positive and non-draining way.

1 comment:

ALART said...

that is awesome! i hope your friday was as healthy and productive as your thursday.

my friday was NOT productive. but it was relaxing and therapeutic which is what i needed more than anything.

i went to the eye doctor this morning. painted a bit. then made cupcakes and played games with aaron, chris and tyler for the whole rest of the day. it was a lot of fun.

and tomorrow i will jump back on the workout train and go to the gym and try to eat better. i have been slacking off and saying i have "PMS" but come on how many more days can i fool myself with that excuse. :)