Monday, April 7, 2008

Shocked and good

Here's a quick workout/health aspect of my weekend:
Friday- didn't workout, but was extremely tired as didn't get any sleep on Thursday night. Ate all right with one milkshake on the drive but finished the night with a bowl of ice cream at Chris' parents house in Tyler.

Saturday- went running! Ran about 2 miles. Had one cookie but other than that, ate pretty well.

Sunday- no workout. Bad eating day. Our breakfast was too carb-rich and when that happens, my blood sugar drops really low. I had two helpings of dessert (blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream) and a milkshake on the drive home.

ACk! So much ice cream!! Which I don't really feel too bad about since I don't do it all the time, but I do need to cut back my sugar intake. It's starting to creep up on me.

This morning, when I got to the gym, I decided to weigh myself to see how much weight I gained this weekend. The scale put me at gaining 15 pounds!! I stared, quivering lip and teary eyed at the scale. Fortunately, I realized that the scale was not calibrated! Without any weight on it, it took 10 pounds to balance it. So that means I only put on 5 pounds since Thursday and really, I know it's water weight because I hardly drank any water all weekend, so my bod is holding it in.

Whew.

Here's my plan for today:
Work till 10am
Workout 11-1
Schoolwork 1-5 or until the labs are done
Home, dinner with Chris, bed by 8

My workout today will consist of 45 minutes of cardio work and working out my arms: bicep curls, tricep extensions, upright rows, tricep pull back, and shoulder raises.

Yay for a new week!

1 comment:

alicia hart said...

holy moly. good thing it wasn't 15 pounds!! you really must have read my mind with all that ice cream intake. i have been CRAVING it like a crazy woman lately!!!