Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yay!

I worked out yesterday! And I am sore today! Yay!

I did cardio for 40 minutes, with a 5 minute warmup and cool down. Then I did a lot of lower back exercises and some leg exercises.

The back ones killed me. I did hyperextensions on the pilates ball, which means you balance yourself, stomach down, on the ball, and with your hands behind your head and you lift your upper body up.

Like so.


Then I did a move that I am not sure what it's called. It's a pilates style move, where you get into a position and by tightening your core muscles, hold it there. You get on the ball stomach down. Then with one leg and the same side arm lift up. You hold it there for about 10 seconds.

Like so:

Then I did dead lifts, which is always really hard for me to do but I can feel them working right away.

Like so: (from:http://www.healthline.com/hlbook/strt-stiff-leg-deadlift)

Then I did some sumo or plie squats, where you put your feet wider than shoulder width apart and with your toes pointing out.
Then I did some reverse lunges where you step back into a lunge as opposed to stepping forward.

And that's it.

As you can tell, I am trying to really get my back nice and strong for when I start my new job this summer. There will be lots of lifting and although I have pretty good form when I lift heavy objects, I should make my back strong and ready.

Today is kickboxing day, so I won't workout until this evening.

Here's my daily plan:
Work until 10am
Do errands (rent, mail letters, fin aid!)
Labwork at Winery 12-330
Pick up Chris at 4
Gym at 530- cardio warmup, abwork before kickboxing 6-7
Sauna 7-730
Hopefully in bed by 830.

I usually don't like to workout so close to going to bed, but staying up past 9 and getting up so early is wearing me out. Last night I made myself go to bed at 8 and I feel great today. I did the same thing yesterday and as you can tell, I felt great yesterday too.

I am still dreaming about Lady Bird Lake though. Austin here I come!

No comments: